Welcome to babe town. This bombshell style is all about making a big statement — and that starts with full, fabulous, knock-your-socks-off locks. The makeup gorgeously follows suit. From the striking smoky eyes to the impeccable contouring to the sublimely lined lips — every inch of her face is a total head-turner.
Top 5 Bombshell Tips
1. OWN IT If you decide to be a bombshell bride, go for it! Truly. Own the hair, own the makeup, own the gown — everything! There’s no such thing as an almost-bombshell (nor should their be!).
2. THINK HOLLYWOOD “The bombshell look is all about big Hollywood curls and waves,” says hairstylist Kelcie Billat. “Always use a 1-1/4 curling iron and set the curls with pins. Once they’re down, finger through the curls for volume.”
3. BOLD FOUNDATION This contouring by makeup artist Kirsten Tobar creates the ultimate drama for a bombshell look. And that smoky eye brings the heat.
4. DRESS TO IMPRESS Bodacious hair and makeup needs a bodacious dress — no question. Forget simplicity or understated. Pick a gown that lives up to the wow (and accessorize accordingly).
5. SWEPT AWAY Not every bombshell look needs larger-than-life locks. If you’re determined to have an up-do — but still want the babe factor — add some hair sparkle, rock some earrings, bold your lip, and let the gown do the rest.
Keep it fierce! Sometimes you just need to sweep the hair back — and let the makeup (and gown) do the talking.
Add sparkle! Every bombshell needs a little bling.
P.S. This is one of five styles we featured in the hair + makeup editorial for our 2016 issue. You can also check out The Whimsical, The Natural, The Pixie + The Formal!
Photography Alyssia B Photography
Paper Floral Backdrop + Bouquet The Lovely Ave
Font Design Pro Digital Photos
Hair Kelcie Frehner
Makeup Kirsten Tobar
Gown Matthew Christopher from Avenia Bridal
Model Aisha Keala