It’s Magazine Monday, friends! Here’s a closer look at this incredible Italian goodness from our 2018 glossy pages.
You’d be hard pressed to find a place more romantic than Italy. So we asked the incredible team at Michelle Leo Events to give our Utah brides an Italian inspiration full of heart (and bread). Here are 10 ways to be inspired by the country and its gorgeous culture — with the most gorgeous images from Alixann Loosle Photography.
1. START WITH A SERENEDE Traditionally, when a groom proposes to his love in Italy, he will serende her first! So get those vocals ready, boys.
2. FOOD FOR THOUGHT If you want a truly Italian celebration, food must be the focus. Some Italians have been known to have more than 10 different reception courses! In this inspiration, Michelle Leo Events and Cuisine Unlimited were up to the task. From breads, fruits, and pastries to chilled desserts and a berry-topped layered cake, it was a feast for the eyes, heart, stomach and soul.
3. GREENS GALORE Italian parties wouldn’t be complete without a variety of florals and greenery. Florist Lizy Bowden created an array of arrangements mixed with stunning stems and muted petals.
4. FLAVOR + FLAIR Michelle Leo Events collaborated with Twelve30 Creative to have each wooden plate carved with illustrations of different herbs. Then, when Michelle set the table, she placed a corresponding herb on each plate. Bellisima!
5. SEALED + DELIVERED Notice how the herb drawings on the paper suite all fit together? It’s the little things. Truly.
6. DOUBLE THE FUN Why have one gown when you could have two — a formal look for the wedding and a more casual one for the reception? These two stunning Chantel Lauren Designs gowns are different — but complementary. (A must if you’re pairing two dresses together.) P.S. If you get a costume change, same goes for your groom!
7. NO PEEKING Did you know in some regions of Italy, the bride is not allowed to look at herself in the mirror before her wedding? (Gah! We know!) But there is a loophole … If she takes off a glove or shoe, she can sneak a peek! #IfTheShoeFitsDontWearIt
8. SEATING OVATION We adore how warm and inviting this tablescape is by Michelle Leo Events. If you’re going to eat as the Italians do, you’re going to want to sit in style.
9. GOATS FOREVER Please invite a goat to your wedding. (And give it a floral necklace.)
10. ARRIVEDERCI! It doesn’t get more fabulous than departing in a Fiat — especially one draped with gorgeous greens. And the photography by Alixann Loosle Photography is straight out of an Italian fairy tale. What a dream.
Concept + Design Michelle Leo Events
Photography Alixann Loosle Photography (a #UVBvendor!)
Floral Lizy Bowden (a #UVBvendor!)
Catering Cuisine Unlimited
Table MC2 Woodworks
Chairs + Flatware Diamond Event & Tent (a #UVBvendor!)
Gowns Chantel Lauren Designs
Shoes Bella Belle Shoes
Makeup Kristen Packard
Paper Goods + Wood Plates Twelve30 Creative
Venue The Villa
Goat Thanksgiving Point (a #UVBvendor!)
Groom’s Rings Ever Rings