Boho has been a big trend in the bridal world, and this look is whimsy with a touch of elegance. The textured curls say volumes, and the accessories are truly limitless with veils, florals and headpieces galore. This jeweled halo — with a veil attached — is the perfect touch for a bride who loves flowers crowns but wants something that with last forever. For the makeup, her lashes are long and lush, her eye shadow shimmers, and that plum lip is plumb perfect.
Top 5 Whimsical Tips
1. TOUGH IT OUT “Add texture spray to rough up those curls,” says Kelcie Billat, of The K Lounge. “It will add the most beautiful volume to the hair.”
2. EXTEND YOUR STYLE If you don’t quite have the length you need to become a boho babe, add extensions! And that goes for the lashes, too! For the lashes on our model, makeup artist Kirsten Tobar cut a lash strip in small pieces for a whispy look.
3. UP THE ANTE While boho is typically associated with long tresses, if you have your heart set on an up-do and a whimsical style, go for it! “Just make sure you create whirls and curls in the structure of the up-do,” Kelcie says. “It’s essential in keeping that whimsical feel.”
4. GO WITH THE FLOW-Y Pick a gown that moves. Flowy, easy-going seams are the perfect complement to whimsical locks.
5. STATEMENT SPARKLE “Add some fresh flowers into your hair or statement headpieces like this jeweled halo or beaded headband,” says Ashley from Avenia Bridal. “And along with your wedding ring, add some unique rings that match your free-spirited personality.”
Try a headpiece! This beaded headband? OBSESSED. And talk about something you could wear after the wedding.
Whimsy it up! There is no one-boho-fits-all. So if you decide on an updo, embrace a looser style with more movement and body.
Photography Alyssia B Photography (a #UVBvendor!)
Hair Kelcie Frehner
Makeup Kirsten Tobar
Model Paris Tews
Paper Floral Backdrop + Paper Bouquet The Lovely Ave (a #UVBvendor!)
Font Design + Signage Pro Digital Photos (a #UVBvendor!)