The long, loose curls are a simple, stunning statement — while the crown braid is plain perfection. The addition of a single flower keeps it fresh and fun, while it could also be paired with a raw-edged veil or nothing at all. When you’re after a natural look, there’s nothing wrong with letting the hair speak for itself. For the makeup, the pink hues are understated and sweet. Her rosy cheeks and light lips keep her face looking fresh and natural — while still having a beautiful impact for the big day.
Top 5 Natural Tips
1. NATURALLY SPEAKING Natural does not mean boring! We repeat: Natural does not mean boring!
2. SPRAY TO STAY “When going for a natural look on your wedding day, it can be difficult to keep that loose curl, fresh face appearance all day,” says Darcy Moody, owner of Suggestions Salon. “To keep that soft curl, spray the hair with a thermal styling spray before curling. Not only will that protect the hair, it gives the curl memory so it will bounce back when tugged and hugged!”
3. HAIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW “Another hot tip is to add hair!” Darcy says. “Even if you have long beautiful hair already, an extension piece — like the halo used on our model — will help support your style. Extension hair holds curl really well, and it will prevent your natural hair from separating and looking stringy.”
4. LASH LOVE “I love using individual or cluster lashes to bring a little extra attention to the eyes, without giving a heavy or glamor look to the eye. Cluster lashes can be used in just the corners or scattered through out the lash line and will bring a natural fullness to the lashes that will last throughout the day and night.”
5. DRESS WITH LESS “Pick a simple, no-fuss veil,” says Ashley Murphy of Avenia Bridal. “Keep your accessories dainty. We love pairing a natural silhouette with a great set of earrings to draw the eye to the face.”
Try a veil! When you’re going after a natural look, choose the simplest of veils to be consistent with your style.
Rock the locks! We love the ideal of a natural look being all about the bare necessities. If you’re not an accessories type of girl, don’t be an accessories type of bride.
Photography Alyssia B Photography
Paper Floral Backdrop + Bouquet The Lovely Ave
Font Design Pro Digital Photos
Hair + Makeup Darcy Moody, Suggestions Salon
Model Audrey Powelson