Feeling adventurous? Give your bridals the locale of a lifetime.
#UtahIsRad. And that’s not just the hashtag talking. Take advantage of our state’s varied and vivacious locations and breathe life into your formals. To inspire you, we did just that with photographer Tyler Rye. Devour these incredible images, and then take 10 tips with you on your own bridal adventure.
1. BRIGHT + EARLY. Some of the most magical light is made when we’re dreaming. Wake up early (our bride was getting her hair and makeup done at 3:30 a.m.!) and make #bae while the sun shines.
2. TAKE A HIKE. Don’t be afraid of a little hike. Whether it be 30 minutes or two hours — our photographer has done both with couples — it’s always worth it to walk (and walk and walk and walk) to the right spot.
3. STYLIN’. Talk with your hair and makeup artist about finding a look that will weather your chosen adventure. We loved this loose, romantic style. It was intricate and simple — all at the same beautiful time.
4. IT’S IN THE DETAILS. You may have the grand backdrop of mother nature, but you are always the star of the show. Revel in the details. (We’re still reveling in those stellar stems from Over the Top Events.)
5. PUCKER UP. Smooching shots never get old. And when they’re framed by epic surroundings? Kiss of Life.
6. #SQUADGOALS. Hand pick a small groups of individuals to come with you on your adventure. They can adjust your gown, hold your bouquet, offer you water, and squee their hearts out.
7. WARM IT UP. When you shoot before the sun comes up, it’s going to be chilly — no matter what time of year it is. Be sure you have jackets and blankets on hand to keep you cozy between shots. (This is also where your #squad comes in handy.)
8. DRESS TO IMPRESS. This is the fabric of your life. Depending on the look you’re after, talk with your gown shop about various materials and how they’ll flow and flirt with the camera. We were smitten wit every stitch of this Bitsy Bridal gown. It was a perfect fit for our wind wonderland.
9. KEEP THE CLASSICS. Between all of your sweeping scenic shots, be sure to get some classic close-ups of you and your honey. You’ll treasure every one.
10. FOR THE FUN OF IT. When your bridals are an adventure, you’ll get shots that are both seriously striking and seriously fun. Embrace both emotions at every turn. (Same goes for the marriage.)
Photography Tyler Rye Photography (a #UVBvendor!)
Floral Over the Top Events (a #UVBvendor!)
Gown Bitsy Bridal (a #UVBvendor!)
Gown Designer Christos
HMUA Kali Chris
Location Guardsman Pass